• The Beaufort International Film Festival will honor producer/director Mike Tollin with its Jean Ribaut Award for Excellence in Filmmaking at its annual awards gala early next year.
If you haven't seen Tollin's excellent 30 for 30 documentary Small Potatoes: Who Killed the USFL? about the now-defunct professional football league.
• Today's sign of the apocalypse: Kids don't know the Toys "R" Us jingle
• Rene Redzepi and David Chang talk about how they would cook kangaroo.
• Bacon has jumped the shark. I give you, bacon shaving cream.
• The Nolan Ryan Beef Cookbook? Yes, it's a thing. And it's happening.
• A Boston chef wars with a cranky customer. Their exchange includes the phrase "you must enjoy vomit."
• An awesome story on Rodrick Markus who procures odd and hard-to-find ingredients for some of Chicago's best chefs and mixologists.