Beaufort County residents can drop off their Christmas trees for recycling at seven locations, from Hilton Head Island to Lady’s Island, starting on Dec. 26.
The trees will be chipped and converted into mulch through the Grinding of the Greens project, saving space in the county landfill. The county asks that all tinsel, lights and ornaments be removed before trees are dropped off.
Mulching will take place between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. Jan. 12. Mulch will be given away free to anyone who brings a container and can haul it away.
Drop off locations are:
• Lady’s Island: Sea Island Parkway next to Huddle House; Pleasant Point Road at the Family Tree Christmas Tree Farm
• Beaufort: Beaufort Plaza near the Plaza Theaters
• Port Royal: Naval Heritage Park off Ribaut Road
• Bluffton: Ulmer Road near the county tennis courts
• Hilton Head: The Coligny Beach parking lot; U.S. 278 at Squire Pope Road