Need some help finding your way around the shops, galleries and historic sites of old town Bluffton?
Wayfinding signs are popping up around the neighborhood to point locals and visitors in the right direction.
The project includes five directional signs on U.S. 278 and S.C. 46 pointing the way to the historic district. Once you get there, 12 kiosk signs with street maps and information about points of interest can help you get around.
About 50 new street signs will replace most of the existing ones in old town as well, according to town engineer Laura Budak.
The project is funded by a $105,000 grant the town received two years ago from the National Park Service.
The signs should be up by next week, Budak said.
Here are where the kiosks, customized with illustrations and text describing parts of Bluffton’s history, will be located:
• Corner of May River Road and Heyward Street
• Corner of May River Road and DuBois Lane
• Corner of May River Road and Calhoun Street
• At the Oyster Factory Park on Wharf Street near the May River
• At the Oyster Factory Park near corner of Bridge Street and Wharf Street
• Corner of Bridge Street and Boundary Street
• Corner of Bridge Street and Pritchard Street
• Corner of Bruin Road and Pritchard Street
• Boundary Street, between Lawrence Street and Lawton Street
• Corner of Calhoun Street and Lawrence Street
• Corner of Calhoun Street and Water Street
• At the Calhoun Street dock