Beaufort is the place to be this weekend. Bands, Brews & BBQ at Beaufort Town Center kicks off 6 p.m. tonight (Feb. 25) with the "Anything but Pork" fest and continues Saturday starting at noon with more barbecue and ribs. For a flat fee, you get all the barbecue you want.
If barbecue isn't your thing, head over to the Beaufort Irish Festival, which has its gala party tonight and a full day of music, food and dance Saturday.
Plenty else is happening, so read on to get an idea.
- Quote contest at WiseGuys Twitter feed. Post your best food quote and win a $25 gift certificate.
- Friday night is Country Night at Montana's. This week: Nashville artist Cheley Tackett.
- In "Things I Had No Idea Existed" news, the Hanes Beefy-T Hall of Fame is inducting The Salty Dog. Celebrate with an oyster roast Saturday (Feb. 26).
- Firefly Skinny Tea hits shelves March 1.
- Wine Times 4 hosts a wine tasting fundraiser for Hospice Care of the Lowcountry March 4.
- Hilton Head Island Wine and Food Festival March 8 to 12. Public tasting March 12.
- Growler hour from 4 to 6 p.m. Fridays at The Lodge. Get $5 off your growler fill.
- Take cake decorating classes with Sheri at Sheri's Edible Designs.
- Free App Friday at Cornerstone Grill in Tanger Outlet.
- Free beer tastings Wednesdays at Growlers.
- Dunkin Donuts plans to open on Hilton Head this summer.
- Brew meetings the third Wednesdays of every month with the Lowcountry Malts.
- Free beer tastings Wednesdays and Sundays at Growlers in the Plaza at Shelter Cove.
- Check out my locals Twitter feed to see what specials your favorite restaurant is offering.