Remy's has moved around quite a bit in recent years, but it's about to settle in to a new home.
The south island watering hole has built a reputation over the past 25 years as a prime hangout for locals in a tourist town. Roy Prescott opened Remy's at the corner of Arrow Road and U.S. 278 in 1984. The building was sold to the town and demolished in spring 2005. Shortly after, Prescott resurrected the bar in the back room of his other restaurant, Prescott's Steak and Seafood.
It moved to a larger space in Heritage Plaza, behind New York City Pizza, about two years later. Prescott built a bar in the courtyard to cater to the crowds that usually ended up outside most warm weekend nights. But a conflict with the plaza's new owner about the outdoor bar forced Remy's to move again, this time to Prana's former spot off Arrow Road.
The new Remy's opens Saturday (Feb. 19) with an oyster roast and live music. Stop by to see how far Remy's has come over the past few years.
Read on to get an idea of what else is going on over the next few weeks.
- Dunkin' Donuts plans to open on Hilton Head this summer.
- Country Friday Nights with John Wesley Satterfield hosted by 106.9 FM at Montana's.
- Cooks & Books to benefit Literacy Volunteers of the Lowcountry at The Westin Resort Sunday (Feb. 20).
- Beaufort Irish Festival Feb. 25-27
- Growler hour from 4 to 6 p.m. Fridays at The Lodge. Get $5 off your growler fill.
- Take cake decorating classes with Sheri at Sheri's Edible Designs.
- Free App Friday at Cornerstone Grill in Tanger Outlet.
- Free beer tastings Wednesdays at Growlers.
- Brew meetings the third Wednesdays of every month with the Lowcountry Malts.
- Join the WiseGuys VIP Club for special offers, recipes, cooking classes and more.
- Cooking classes at Robert Irvine's eat! the first and third Thursdays of each month.
- Free beer tastings Wednesdays and Sundays at Growlers in the Plaza at Shelter Cove.
- Firefly Skinny Tea hits shelves March 1.
- Wine Times 4 hosts a wine tasting fundraiser for Hospice Care of the Lowcountry March 4.
- Hilton Head Island Wine and Food Festival March 8 to 12. Public tasting March 12.
- Check out my locals Twitter feed to see what specials your favorite restaurant is offering.